BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Finding BP mail notification language files

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #27318

Hi Brajesh, I’m trying to translate the text in the notification emails send by BuddyPress when a user recieves a new message, but the lines are not to find in the BP or WP .po files, or anywere else, for that matter, so where do I find them?

Examples:
    You have unread messages
    Go to the discussion to reply or catch up on the conversation.
    —- sent you a new message

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #27324

Hello Carsten,

Thank you for posting. In backend Email section search for ‘[{{{site.name}}}] New message from {{sender.name}}’ this is the email BuddyPress use for message templating for unread message. Please check and let me know if it works for you or not.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    calu on #27325

Hi Ravi, thanks , from what I can read from your answer, these text strings are hard coded, and there are no .po translation files for them?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #27348

Hello Carsten,

Thank you for the acknowledgement. I have tried to find ‘You have unread messages’ string into BuddyPress and It shows empty result. There might be chances that this is coming from other plugin.
    Please share a screenshot and let me know if there is other message regarding plugins you are using.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    calu on #27349

Hi Ravi, thank you for your research. Your search for ‘You have unread messages’ string in BuddyPress, is in general, not my site alone right?

Here are some screen shots of the mail notifications sent, which looks like they are sent by BuddyPress.

https://imgur.com/iS4Dkoc

https://imgur.com/OWV5pBv

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27360

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for sharing the images.

You can customize the text directly from your Dashboard.

Please visit Dahsboard->Emails and you will find all the emails listed there. You can edit them to your choice.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #27362

Hi Brajesh, thank you very much for sharing this, I have been looking every where in translation files for this.

But apparently its only possible to edit colors and text sizes here, not content?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27363

You are welcome 🙂

• Participant
    calu on #27364

Oh yes, I found it, thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27379

You are welcome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Finding BP mail notification language files’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved