BuddyDev

Search

Follow / Followers Plugin update

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43151

Hi Nitin,
    This plugin was dropped in favour of relationship API for BuddyPress. I do have that plugin partially available. I will most probably do a release sometimes in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Guru
    Tosin on #43158

Hello Brajesh,

1. Since some of your plugins support the follow plugin, when the relationship api is available, what will happen to sites that still use the follow plugin or is there any code similarity between the relationship api and follow plugin. Im just wondering if some of the custom code you provided for the follow plugin will break when the new relationship api is available.

2. What will happen to site that use the follow plugin and the relationship data created by the follow plugin. will there be some kind of data import or synchronization.

3. What is the estimated time of arrival for the reationship api

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #43231

Hi Tosin,
    Thank you for the questions.

1. I am unable to say much on this. The relationship API is at the core and The BuddyPress follow will use it. I can tell that the relationship API is different.

The follow plugin will be written using this API and it may have the same hooks. I am not sure how this will play out.

2. You can keep using the old. If there is a migration path in future, you can migrate the users from old follow to the follow using relationship API.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved