BuddyDev

Search

Follow suggestion plugin customization

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Daniel on #48083

Hello,

Is there a rule that I could add to not show suggestions of users who don’t have profile pic?

The reason why I am asking is because the follow suggestions don’t look good when there is only the username but no profile pic.

Thanks for your input.

Regards
    Daniel

• Participant
    Daniel on #48084

Hi guys,

I wanted to add that my website is forcing to upload profile pic but there is a bot that manages to create accounts without profile pic daily (I couldn’t find a solution to block this bot yet) and the following suggestion plugin also suggests these accounts.

Thanks for your tip.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48091

Hi Daniel,
    Which plugin are you using for the Follow suggestions?

BuddyPress does not store any flag in database about a user uploading an avatar or not? So, there is no way to query that(unless you are using one of our plugins like profile completion).

It is still possible to skip the user without avatar(BuddyPress allows checking file system for the presence of avatar) but that means the number of user’s suggested will vary.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Daniel on #48106

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks, I am using BuddyPress Friend Suggestion plugin which I have downloaded from your website.

1.How I can make BuddyPress checking file system for the presence of avatar in order that only users with avatar will show up on suggestion? (it doesn’t matter if the user’s suggested will vary.)

2. Can I also let BuddyPress check the presence of posts in order that only users who have posts on their wall will get suggested? (Because why suggest a user with empty post?)

Thank you for your input.

Regards
    Daniel

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48110

Hi Daniel,
    1. The plugin does not have the ability to list users based on avatar. The reason is no flag in database.

even if we do check for file system, that will mean showing incorrect number of suggestions as we would have to skip the users without avatar(unless we keep calling database to show the specified number of suggestions). I don’t find it useful.

2. No, the plugin does not have this ability currently. It matches profile fields.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved