BuddyDev

Search

Force Profile Photo

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    webdevproj on #29001

Hi
    We are using this plugin – I have installed and activated however it does not seem to be working?
    Any ideas?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29002

Hi,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

You are most probably logged in as site admin. Please try logging as a non admin user and check.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    webdevproj on #29005

no that is not the case – this is when testing a new user when registering. I am not logged in as I am testing the registration UX

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29006

Hi,
    Thank you for clarifying.
    Force profile photo does not have any effect on registration or non logged in user.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    webdevproj on #29007

oh I have missunderstood – what does it do then? Do you have a plugin that makes sure the user uploads a profile picture on registration? Ideally I am looking for a plugin which either makes the Extended Fields compulsory to be completed on registration, or that the user is redirected to their extended profile tab straight after registering….

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #29035

The plugin checks if a logged in user has profile photo, if not, It redirects them to their porifle photo upload page.

You may use BuddyPress profile Completion plugin(also from us), which provides you a lot more control.

As soon as a user logs in to your site, you may redirect them to edit profile if fields are not complete and set different criteria for profile completion.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-profile-completion/

PS:- All these plugin can only redirect a user if they login to your site. BuddyPress does not log in a user after registration, so, these plugins do not know anything about the user at that time.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved