BuddyDev

Search

Friendship lists not wokring

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Paul Allison on #39474

I set up a Friendship list with the Pro account, but I don’t see any result. I’m not sure how to select the correct Conditions. I want anybody who has the same school to be in the same friendship list. Do I select “in” or “Equal to”

https://youthvoices.live

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #39475

Hello Paul,

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please share your condition here so that I can check. In regard to ‘in’ or ‘Equal to’ operator. The First will be used in the case of a single value field whereas the second one will be used if you have multiple values for the field.

Please also let me know what is field type you are comparing in?.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Paul Allison on #39482
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Paul Allison on #39486

Any luck with the private information I provided?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39488

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for the details.

I have checked them today. Your rules are correct and they should work as expected on Registration and activation and add users as friends.

If it is not working, There are 2 possible reasons

1. Since the expected value is Text, is there a chance that the values entered by users are something different?

2. Or it could be Youzer/Youzify plugin that you are using.

For the second case, we are going to test and push a release if Youzer does not break it too much(they have a knack for breaking other plugins).

I will be reporting again in next 12 hours. Please check the first case by creating a test user.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Paul Allison on #39489

Thank you!
    BTW This seems unlikely: “1. Since the expected value is Text, is there a chance that the values entered by users are something different?” because students are registered with a CSV file and I copied the text from the data sheet and pasted it into the form.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39500

Hi Paul,
    Thank you.

I am not seeing any issue with Youzify yet.

I can see the issue with the first list now. It contains comma separated name which the plugin considers 2 values and that’s why it is not matching.

Can you please create and activate a user with your second list (Orange …) and let me know.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved