BuddyDev

Search

Friendship Restrictions re-imagine

• Participant
    Level: Master
    evillizard on #26576

boss this is nice: https://buddydev.com/buddypress-friendship-restrictions-reimagined/

But you didn’t include the “INVITED FRIENDS” stuff i was telling you about …long ago

If you remember i said it wld have been good if it had…

A way that

On the registeration page there would be a box/place where new users have to choose the person whom invited them to register on the site… (maybe a drop-down select “of all members” as they type -OR- they just type the username of the person who invited them … The former would be MUCH easier & better)

It may Also add a tab on the buddypress profile called “invited/recruited friends” (to keep count of how many people you invited to the site, also for all to see the list of people you have invited to the site so far)

And maybe ‘if necessary’ another tab that says: “invited by” (that shows the “name/link to profile” of the person who invited you)

….
    ….
    Or perhaps make into a NEW plugin of its own called “INVITED FRIENDS” or “RECRUITED FRIENDS”

-although i think it would be better if its included in the friendship-restrictions plugin… That a new stand alone plugin

….
    ….

• Participant
    evillizard on #26578

I forgot to add- better if it wld be grouped in MALE and FEMALE a user has invited to register on the website

under the INVITED FRIENDS tab can be:
    INVITED MALES
    INVITED FEMALES

@sbrajesh

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by evillizard.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26582

Hi,
    Thank you for the feedback. I will explore if we can add invite. Currently, The Invite Anyone plugin already allows you to invite users and let users register with invite codes. I recommend using that.

Going Male/female is not justifiable for a generic plugin as BuddyPress does not have support for gender field out of the box and It will not make sense for larger community.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    evillizard on #26584

//The Invite Anyone plugin already allows you to invite users and let users register with invite codes. I recommend using that.//

Link to the plugin please???

• Participant
    evillizard on #26585

//Going Male/female is not justifiable for a generic plugin as BuddyPress does not have support for gender field out of the box and It will not make sense for larger community.//

– no boss, the male and female options on my website are JUST xprofile fields that are RADIO-select BUTTONS

Some time ago..you taught me how to make this so that anyone who selects MALE would be auto assigned a user role…and anyone who selects FEMALE would be auto assigned a user-role (with different capabilities)

– i apologize, perhaps..by MALE or FEMALE just imagine that i simply mean “USER-ROLES”

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26595

Hi,
    here is the link
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/invite-anyone/

if your users are already catgorized by roles, You should not have any issue using this plugin while trhe “role” is selected as criteria.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved