BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Front end editting using buddyblog

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    RISHABH GOEL on #9614

i am facing some sort of issues. I allowed users to edit post from front end bt now they are also able to edit comments of different users. Why?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9617

Hi Rishabh,
    Is there any chance that you are using a plugin for managing custom capability? BuddyBlog does not augment any capability, so it is not possible for the normal users to edit comment out of the box.

• Participant
    RISHABH GOEL on #9622

I am not using any plugin but changed the option from publish_posts to manage_options in buddyblog settings for allowing blog post editting from front end

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9625

That is a restriction. The plugin simply testes against that capability to see if it should link to the dashboard or the front end. We do not augment any capability.

PS: – How are your users able to modify other user’s comment? Where can they do that. I haven’t seen BuddyPress allowing it and our plugin does not allow it.

Is there a chance that you are checking your site’s comment section and logged in as a user with role Author or Editor or site admin?

• Participant
    RISHABH GOEL on #9633

I have set “new user default role as author and in membership-anyone can register”. I dont understand why this is happening

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9644

Hi Rishabh,
    I am not sure what is happening on your site. WordPress does allows authors to approve comments on their post but not on others.

• Participant
    RISHABH GOEL on #9648

Yes now the problem is solved. Thnx a lot

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #9651

Thank you forupdating.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved