- RISHABH GOEL on June 26, 2017 at 6:45 am #9614
i am facing some sort of issues. I allowed users to edit post from front end bt now they are also able to edit comments of different users. Why?
- Brajesh Singh on June 26, 2017 at 8:54 am #9617
Is there any chance that you are using a plugin for managing custom capability? BuddyBlog does not augment any capability, so it is not possible for the normal users to edit comment out of the box.
- RISHABH GOEL on June 26, 2017 at 9:53 am #9622
I am not using any plugin but changed the option from publish_posts to manage_options in buddyblog settings for allowing blog post editting from front end
- Brajesh Singh on June 26, 2017 at 10:00 am #9625
That is a restriction. The plugin simply testes against that capability to see if it should link to the dashboard or the front end. We do not augment any capability.
PS: – How are your users able to modify other user’s comment? Where can they do that. I haven’t seen BuddyPress allowing it and our plugin does not allow it.
Is there a chance that you are checking your site’s comment section and logged in as a user with role Author or Editor or site admin?
- RISHABH GOEL on June 26, 2017 at 11:42 am #9633
I have set “new user default role as author and in membership-anyone can register”. I dont understand why this is happening
- Brajesh Singh on June 27, 2017 at 3:52 pm #9644
I am not sure what is happening on your site. WordPress does allows authors to approve comments on their post but not on others.
- RISHABH GOEL on June 27, 2017 at 6:16 pm #9648
Yes now the problem is solved. Thnx a lot
- Brajesh Singh on June 27, 2017 at 7:58 pm #9651
Thank you forupdating.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.