BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Galleries only show if logged in?

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Audiomonk on #16554

It’s probably something simple I’ve overlooked, but my galleries page only shows if you’re logged in? I’d like the public to see them. Can’t see an option that would stop that?

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16555
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16559

Hi Audiomonk,
    We won’t have any functionality to hide the directory page.

I do see the redirect and I am hoping that you are either using a plugin or code to put restrictions for not logged in users on the site(Limit access to site) and that is causing it.

If you are using anything like that, Please make sure gallery page is excluded to make it visible for non logged users.

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #16564

Hi Brajesh,

When I was looking at the Mediapress privacy settings there was mention of logged in only, and that’s the only thing I could think of (it was very late!).

Anyway, happy to report you were right, the problem turned out to be the plugin BP Registration options, which had a setting of hide BP content from non logged in users. I saw it in the past and thought BP was separate from Mediapress. Anyway, I took the tick out of that option and now the galleries are viewable by all.

Thanks for clearing it up.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16569

No problem.

The privacy in MediaPress only controls individual gallery or media.

Since the page was directory, I was able to deduce that it was some other content protection plugin.

Thank you for marking it resolved.

Best Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Galleries only show if logged in?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved