BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Gallery named "Wall" with "wall" slug, will not open.

Tagged: , ,

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Richard Foley on #12551

I’m not sure if this is just a local issue, but when I create a gallery with the simple name “Wall”, and the corresponding slug “wall”, the gallery will not open in the front end. The settings are to not open in a lightbox when the gallery is clicked, so that a window with all/some images is displayed. The “Wall” gallery, redirects to the top level gallery view, so it is not possible to go “into” the gallery.

I have to change the name to “Wall images” or something else, and the slug to “wall-2” or something else. When the name is changed, the gallery opens and displays all the content just fine, as expected.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12564

Hi Richard,
    Thank you.
    I can confirm this. I will be looking into it today. I am aiming for a release by early Monday and will be happy to have this fixed in(Will post back).

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12614

hi Brajesh,

do you have any good news…?

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12617

Hi Richard,
    I will have some news in next 2-3 days. Sorry to keep you waiting.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12630

hey Brajesh,

this Wall thing is becoming quite urgent… :\

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12631

Hi Richard,
    I am not sure what was the issue but in the current version(1.3.2), I am unable to reproduce it.
    Yes, I was able to produce the issue earlier but in 1.3.2 It is working fine. It seems to me it was most probably related to post_exists behaviour that I changed in 1.3.2

Can you please try and let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12635

hi Brajesh,

I’m on 1.3.2 now, and I still can’t open any album with the name “Wall”. As it just loops back to display the gallery or galleries page. I’m ok with changing the name for a few manually, but unfortunately, after a recent migration, my site has approx. 5,000 albums named “Wall”, and there are the associated guid links too…

All helpful suggestions welcome.

R.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #12636

Hi Richard,
    Thank you.

Now, I see the issue.

In MediaPress, it assumes that all the gallery slugs are unique(that’s why you see wall-photo-gallery-1, wall-photo-gallery-2 in normal cases).

This is how WordPress post types normally work. All items in the post type should have unique slug.

It seems your migration has caused duplicate slugs and that’s why the error is happening. I will suggest writing a php script to update the slugs.

PS: We don’t use guids at all.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12637

hi Brajesh,

aha, <slaps head>, the best bugs are the simple ones. 🙂

Ok, so I’ll update all the post_name’s and we should be good. I’ll let you know how that goes…

Cheers

R.

• Participant
    Richard Foley on #12638

hi Brajesh,

I’ve updated the slugs, as you suggested, and everything looks much better at this end.

Thanks for your assistance.

R.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Gallery named "Wall" with "wall" slug, will not open.’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved