BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Gallery Shortcode Pages – Pagination 1 2 3 etc Built In?

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Horton on #2710

Hi there-

I’m using the shortcodes https://buddydev.com/mediapress/topics/getting-started/shortcodes/mediapress-gallery-listing-shortcodes/#pagination-parameters

and setting up…. in testing I can get it to show only X number of galleries, I can get it to show page 2 of the gallery. What I’m not seeing is any pagination… like 1 2 3 4 at the bottom of the list.

I did try switching to the default WP themes, Twenty Sixteen, Fifteen and Fourteen… still didn’t see. Is that not built in? I looked in the demo site but can’t create/edit a page there to test.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2712

Hi,
    Thank you for posting.
    The pagination links are not supported in the shortcodes yet. Please allow me look into it today and see if I can get the pagination working.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Horton on #2714

Great, no rush, will still be in development awhile. Wanted to make sure we didn’t have bug or conflict. Thanks so much!

• Participant
    Horton on #2727

Sorry to expand while you’re looking at this but another possible approach that may already be built in… does the Public Gallery template that includes the Search Galleries and Filter at the top show pagination? I assumed it did but now this thread has me thinking it may not be.

In addition to fixing the pagination, I’ve now been asked to see if our OTHER gallery pages (not the ones on Member Page or Group Page) that currently use the shortcodes to display the galleries could look like the Public Gallery with the Search at top. Is there a template that can be cloned and tweaked to allow that?

OUR SETUP EXAMPLE:
    We have the Public Gallery with Search at top in our main menu

If someone is logged in, under the Public Gallery in main menu, they’ll also see links for:

ALL SITE GALLERIES – Shows both Member Only and Public Sitewide, Member and Group Galleries.

SITEWIDE MEMBERS GALLERY – Shows both Member Only and Public Sitewide Galleries

MEMBER GALLERIES – Galleries from Our Members set to status Logged in Users Only

GROUPS GALLERY – Groups Galleries are Open for Viewing to All Logged In Members, Not Just Their Group

If each of those pages could use the same layout as the Public Gallery template, that’d be great and if that Public Gallery Template includes pagination, even better.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #2759

Hi,
    We have added the pagination support for shortcodes in 1.0.3 which is available now.

I am sorry but the search form will need you to implement yourself. You can use standard MPP_Gallery_Query with search parameters.

• Participant
    Horton on #2932

Great, pagination working like a champ.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Gallery Shortcode Pages – Pagination 1 2 3 etc Built In?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved