BuddyDev

Search

General questions, MediaPress Paid Memberships Pro Storage Limit?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Mark on #5048

I created a buddypress site and was thinking of ways to manage the size of the database as it grows from postings on the activity streams. I am new at this so correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong.

I don’t allow video to be posted on my site but my members can post pictures in their activity/wall stream. If I use this plugin, when a member post a picture, does it count against their limit and does it grow the size of my database? what happens when the users reach their limit, would they then have to go through their stream and delete some of the picture postings to free up space?

Which leads me to this idea? Please let me know if this is a dumb idea or it doesnt work that way. 🙂

Do you have a plugin, know of one, or aware of a way to have the user’s buddypress activity posting purge after a set time frame automatically. For example, any postings that are older than 6 months automatically gets deleted/purged, along with the associated picture files. Unlike facebook for example, which seems to keep all history of everything, I would like to only keep “recent” postings to keep my database smaller and not have to backup/store the extra data. Is that a plug you might consider building?

Is there a better way to do this?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved