BuddyDev

Search

Getting Mediapress to open all images in Colorbox/Lightbox

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Master
    Audiomonk on #11524

I’ve looked at various solutions here, and have a semi working solution that opens a lightbox, but only on a gallery view (small thumbnails). I’d like to be able to click any image and have it open in the lightbox.

I also used the example here for Colorbox, which unfortunately isn’t responsive, is there a guide somewhere that I could use to implement what I’m after.

I’ve turned off all the lightbox functions in the settings, and have used the plugin listed here.

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-use-third-party-lightbox-plugin-to-open-images/

Many thanks in advance.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11526

Hi Audiomonk,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

1. Please do not use the solution in the thread https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-use-third-party-lightbox-plugin-to-open-images/ . It is not recommended but just to show that it is feasible.

Now coming back to your question,
    By all image, can you please tell me which listing, single gallery image listing, shortcode, widget or where? The lightbox is supported on all now. Please visit dashboard->MediaPress->settings->Themes and make sure you have it enabled.

Please do let me know if you have already done that.

PS:- version 1.2.1 will support lightbox for all media type.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Audiomonk on #11559

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I’d like lightbox for all listings. I know it’s available in the settings, but it only shows a very small image with a comment box to the side. That’s not really suitable for my site which is a graphics site, so would like to be able to see original size image inside the lightbox. When I activate the lightbox in media press, it shows a small or medium image only. I’d also like it to scale to the viewport, so that it is responsive. Some lightbox plugins offer these functions, but I can’t get them to work with mediapress.

Even if I disable all lightbox functions, the image that is displayed isn’t the original size, or large enough to see any detail.

I have used the solution you say isn’t recommended, and it does the job quite well, but only when clicking on a thumbnail in the gallery view. I’d like to be able to click on images in activity view, or anywhere else and it bring up a full size lightbox (without the comments).

I tried looking at the code of the plugin in the thread, and changing the sizes inside, but it didn’t work. The standard lightbox functions built in to mediapress are a bit basic, and don’t show the original size of the image.

Please help, thank you.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Audiomonk. Reason: Missed parts out
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #11561
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11575
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #11586
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #11587
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11599
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #11601
  • Participant
    Audiomonk on #11602

The topic ‘Getting Mediapress to open all images in Colorbox/Lightbox’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: not resolved