BuddyDev

Search

Group Homepage

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Erich199 on #48551

Hi Brajesh,

I know you have the group tabs plugin and I’ve played around with it. Maybe I am configuring it incorrectly. I was wondering how the Group Admin can manage the content of the tab? Or, is the only way to set up content for the tab through the backend by the website admin?

I love the idea of the plugin, but I was wondering if there was a way for the group admin to actually control the content of the tabs?

Ideally, with a simple WYSWYG editor, the group admin can make a tab, inside of that tab will display the contents of the WYSWYG editor. I’ve never seen any plugins that can do this for groups. Maybe the plugin “group extras” could do it but I find that plugin to be overly complicated and clunky to use.

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #48559

Hello Brajesh,

I too would like to know the answer to this. I would like to use this to create a Group Profile page with contact information, group rules, maybe the Group Admin avatars, and anything else that the Group Admin would like to present to their group members.

Your LINK PAGE TO GROUPS plugin assigns a single page to a group or all groups. The linkage is done in WP-ADMIN only. It is editable by the Site Admin only. When the tab for the page is clicked, the user exits the group and navigates to a PAGE on the site. It really doesn’t accomplish what I’m trying to accomplish.

Here is what I was hoping to accomplish:

* The Group Admin would be able to select the option using the frontend Group Settings
    * The tab would appear with a name that the Site Admin (default name) or the name the Group Admin chooses
    * The “page” (would be a front-end form that the Group Admin could edit (including some fields, text, and images)
    * Group Members would be able to see the content entered by the Group Admin, without being able to edit the page

I currently use the GROUP TABS PRO plugin and it works nicely for creating tabs. I can insert Elementor section templates into the tabs. This is great for static content. With Elementor I can even add some dynamic content. However, the Group Admin has no access to Elementor.

I have a frontend plugin that allows me to present frontend forms to Group Admins to create group blog posts. But again, I don’t know how I could use all these wonderful tools to create the group profile that my Group Admins would love. I’m still formulating how I might do this and will let you know if I come up with a solution.

Thanks, NoNAdmin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48568

Hi Erich, Dianne
    Thank you both of your for the questions and the details.

I do understand this is an important feature but it is not available currently with any of our plugins.
    I may be tempted to write an addon for BudddyBlog Groups in future that utilizes the form features of BuddyBlog and allows custom tabs. That will allow unlimited cusotmizations.

This is just theoretical for the time being though.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Erich199 on #48573

Hi Brajesh,

I actually think the BuddyBlog addon would work well if we could give group admins the ability to add tabs to the group. It will give the group admin the flexibility to add their own blog post to the group how they see fit.

Thanks for the follow up.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48584

Thank you for the suggestions.
    I hope to allow group amdmins control individual tab content when we work on it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved