BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Group Page Header Image displays for Community Builder theme but not for Pro

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    William Kudrle on #50941

I just upgraded from Community Builder (CB) to Community Builder Pro (CB Pro). On the CB version, for a Group the uploaded Cover Image shows fine as long as I clear the Mask Color on the Styling >> Page Header customization. However, when I switch to the CB Pro theme, then the Cover Image for a Group does not display any more. The CB Pro version has the Mask Color on the Styling >> Page Header cleared as well. I deactivate all of the plugins for the site except BuddyPress and this behavior still remains. Any suggestion as to what to look for? I can go back to CB, but it would be nice to use CB Pro for its additional capabilities.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50942

Hi,
    Thank you for upgrading.
    I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Please link me to a screenshot of the group page with header issue. I will look into it and assit.

PS:- Please use any of the free hosting service such as https://imgbb.com/ or https://prnt.sc/ to link to the screenshot.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    William Kudrle on #50944

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for getting back with me. You can see the groups page at:

https://eln-esrm.org/groups/

Currently they are using the CB theme, so all of the groups display the Cover Image.

I have put screenshots of 2 of the groups (RIT and PVAM) at the bottom ofn the home page of the site at:

https://eln-esrm.org/

The only difference between the screenshots and the currently displayed groups to my knowledge is that the currently displayed groups use the Community Builder theme and the screenshots use the Community Builder Pro theme.

Thank you for looking into this. Please let me know if I can provide any other information.

Bill

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50947

Hi Bill,
    Thank you.

It seems there was a problem in importing the cb customizations to cb pro. Can you Please check in customizer if the settings are correct for pro?

PS:- is there any chance you were not using a child theme and using CB directly on your site. The customizations are saved in a option which is named after current theme(or child theme if active, WordPress handles this part).

If you switched from CB to CB pro, we need to import the customization of your old settings to have it working as expected or you may want to go through the settings and re-configure it.

Please let me know if you have already done it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    William Kudrle on #50954

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks again for getting back with me so quickly. You are right, I was using CB Pro directly on my site and not the child theme. So, I have downloaded and activated the child theme, but it seems to have the same behavior. To make things simple, I have clicked the Reset button at the top of the customization menus for both the CB Pro child theme and for the CB theme. The only thing that I change after the reset is to set the main top menu for both themes. For the CB theme then the cover image displays and for the CB Pro child theme the cover image does not display, as before.

I haven’t tried this on just a basic WP install without any other plugins (although I have tried this while disabling all installed plugins and the behavior was the same). Have you tried this on just a basic WP install to see if it works? If it works on that, then I could start from just a basic install and just add on plugins as needed and see where the problem is.

Kind Regards,
    Bill

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50956

Hi Bill,
    Thank you.
    I just tested on a fresh install and I am able to see the issue.
    I apologize for not testing it earlier. Please allow me to put an update by day end Monday.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    William Kudrle on #50959

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks so much for testing on a fresh install and letting me know. Greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,
    Bill

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50965

Hi Bill,
    Thank you for your patience.

I have just released an updated.

Please upgrade to Community Builder Pro 2.1.9 and the issue will be resolved.

Please let me know if it works for you or not?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    William Kudrle on #50968

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you for working on this. I am getting the following error when I try to update the CB Pro theme.

Update failed: The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10): Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature.

Kind Regards,
    Bill

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50969

Hi Bill,
    I am sorry, the above error happens if you don’t have our API key’s saved while using BuddyDev Dashboard.

If you are using BuddyDev Dashboard, Please configure your keys to make the automatic upgrade works.

Or you can download the theme from our site and manually update it using WordPress Theme upload section.

Please let me know if it works or not?

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Group Page Header Image displays for Community Builder theme but not for Pro’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved