BuddyDev

Search

Group Tab Creator Pro – User role access

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    ION Group on #48135

Hi, Group Tabs Creator Pro v1.2.3 is only visible at the backj-end by site Admins.
    How can I make the Group Tabs menu items visible to users with the Author role?
    Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48140

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

The group tabs are aimed at admin. We can update the plugin and add a filter to enable for authors. please do note that the change will have more negative impact than positive. Groups tabs/sub tabs access if not added properly, can lead to 404 on groups. If you allow authors, they can create tabs for the groups they may not have access(private/hidden groups). If this is fine, Please let me know and we will update.

Regards
    brajesh

• Participant
    ION Group on #48145

Hi Brajesh, thanks for the update. I understand the issue around enabling Authors to create Group Tabs.

To be more specific, we’d like our BP Group Admins to be able to create and edit their Group Tabs for their Groups. And not all BP Group Admins have the Author role.
    If I were to create a new role for BP Group Admins, or give them additional role, could we use User ROle Editor to give them access.

If not, a plugin update would be very useful to enable Site Admins rto define which roles have the ability to create/edit BP Group Tabs.

Thanks
    Francis

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48151

Hi Francis,
    Thank you for the details.
    In the current version of Group tabs Creator Pro, we can enable it for all authors(with minor update). It won’t restrict an author to their own group though.

Current version was not aimed at group admins. We do hope to have a major change in future to address that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    ION Group on #48154

Cool, thanks Brajesh. Look forward to the update.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48179

Hi Francis,
    Thank you for the reply and the patience. We will be pushing and update within next 24 hours and I will be writing back.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48183

Hi Francis,
    Thank you for the patience.

Please upgrade to 1.2.4 and then put this code in your bp-custom.php

/**
     * Allow authors or any role above it to create/publish tabs.
     */
    add_filter( 'bpgtc_enable_tabs_admin_ui', function ( $show ) {

if ( current_user_can( 'publish_posts' ) ) {
    		$show = true;
    	}

return $show;
    } );

That will allow the authors to create tabs.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved