BuddyDev

Search

Group Tabs Creator Pro Dynamic URLs

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Shiine Projects on #50499

I read the list of dynamic URLs from the documentation https://buddydev.com/docs/buddypress-group-tabs-creator-pro/buddypress-group-tab-link-configuration/

Are more dynamic URLs being considered? For example, using the value stored in the Website field of the User Profile would be of interest.

Thank you.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50505

Hi Shiine,
    Thank you for the question.

Please share some examples to help us understand the use case.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Shiine Projects on #50512

Hi Brajesh,

A simple example would be to allow a Group Organizer to place the URL of their company site in the Website field of his/her User Profile. Next, I would create a new tab using Group Tabs Creator Pro (example call it Company Website). In the Tab Link field I would use the dynamic URL that would pull in the value from the Website field of the Organizer’s User Profile. When the new Company Website tab is clicked a user would be taken to the Organizer’s company website.

Thank you,
    Shiine

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50520

Hi Shiine,
    Thank you for the details and the explanation.

I don’t think we can have this at the moment. A group can have multiple moderators/users and unless we provided a way to specify the username with dynamic token, this will not be useful(to identify the source).

So, this could be achieved by using custom shortcode for the purpose instead of having dynamic token.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Shiine Projects on #50539

Hi Brajesh,

I appreciate your answer. I can write a shortcode. How can I get it to run in the Tab Link field?

Thank you,
    Shiine

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50563

Hi Shiine,
    Please allow me to add a filter in next update(3-4 days from now). You can simply use str_replace to search/replace the token. That would be way easier.

Regards
    Brajesh

PS:- The url field does not support shortcodes currently and I think adding filter is easier/better than adding shortcode support in the url.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved