BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Group Tabs Pro: Can I Hide a BuddyBoss Sub-Tab

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Known-Admin on #46517

Hello,

I am using BuddyBoss and want to hide one of the Group Sub-tabs. The Send Group Message tab has two tabs: Send Group Message and Send Private Message. I want to hide the SUB-TAB Send Group Message because it is causing confusion and aggrevation for my users.

I’ve asked BuddyBoss to help me, but they say that it is a CUSTOM fix. I’m hoping that Group Tabs Pro will give me the opportunity to hide the tab. However, when I select the option that says: Are we modifying a tab added by BuddyPress or some other plugin?, then I cannot access the sub-tabs.

I’m crossing my fingers that there is a solution BECAUSE when users send a message from the Send Group Message tab, then it causes the message to be sent to everyone in the group AND ANY REPLY to the message is also sent to EVERY User in the group. Think REPLY TO ALL. It is annoying and some people are leaving groups because they are getting too many messages.

When the user sends a message using the Send Private Message, then they can select which users to send the message to AND the messages are sent separately to each individual. This means the replies are only sent to the user who originally sent the message.

I really would appreciate any help you can provide.

Best Regards,
    NoN (known) Universe Administrator

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46520

Hi,
    Thank you for the question.

Please allow us to check it and get back to you. Normally, BuddyPress group does not add sub nav(other than on manage screen). So, we need to validate it.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46600

Hi Dianne,
    Thank you for the patience.
    I had a look and I see that our plugin does not have the ability to remove sub tabs from group currently.
    At the time we had developed this plugin, there were no front end sub tabs for groups. We will ad dthe ability to remove sub tabs in near future.

For the time being, if you need, I can share the code for the same. Though I see that this is going to be problemetic as the screen callback attached for the “send group Message” and “send private message” sub tabs and removing one will be breaking other unless we re-add that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #46601

Hello Brajesh,

Yes, I think I understand the problem. I asked BuddyBoss to please hide the tab because I couldn’t access the tab from your plugin. They sent me some code and I tried it. But as soon as the page refreshed the tab reappeared. So, they too could not easily fix the issue.

I am willing to wait to get a proper fix. The problem that my Members face with this tab is so significant.

Thank you for being willing to consider a fix.

Best Regards, Dianne

• Participant
    Known-Admin on #48667

I’ve decided to enlist a developer to add this code for me. It is just too important.

Best Regards,
    NoNAdmin

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48676

Thank you. That’s a good news!
    I hope they will assist you with the requirement!

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved