Search

Groups Extension

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Erich199 on #3290

Hi Brajesh,

I have been looking to extend the Groups function with this plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/buddypress-groups-extras

The issue I have, the author seems to not be supporting this plugin. I played around with this plugin on my test site, and it seems to add much needed functions to buddypress groups.

I run a gaming community website and I would like to extend the Groups feature to allow more control over an individual group for the group creator/mods.

I’d basically like to make it so buddypress groups can be used as a place for gaming clans/guilds to go to make a mini community within my community (if this makes sense)

Would you recommend this plugin or would you suggest that I add features as I see fit individually? I just want to use something that will have an author that will maintain their plugin.

Thanks for all you do!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3291

Hi Joshua,
    Thank you for posting. The plugin is by @slaffik and you can confidently use it. He is an active member of BuddyPress community, so updates will flow. In case there is no updates, I assure you that Our team will support you on this 🙂

Please feel free and confident to use the plugin.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Erich199 on #3293

Thanks Brajesh! I really appreciate it.

I was using it on my test site and was curious how a user could build a page layout without breaking the responsiveness of the site? Currently it seems they can only use the visual editor that comes with wordpress for writing articles. Is there a way for a user to be able to design an actual layout for a page with this plugin?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3304

Hi Joshua,
    That will be difficult. Since this plugin is mostly aimed at providing data, I do’t believe A user can design the page with this plugin.

• Participant
    Erich199 on #3316

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks for the information. I’m not sure this will do what I’d like it to.

Ideally, I’d like my group owner/moderators to be able to add pages to their groups, which they can also add/delete from the navigation menu. It would be nice if they could do this like I can do with the visual composer feature to help them design their pages, and it would also allow the group pages to remain responsive.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #3321

Hi Joshua,
    I am sorry but I don’t think that you can use visual composer with this plugin.

It is a nice plugin, but seems it may not fit your requirements.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved