BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Header in AVADA Theme

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Gisela Zechner on #51337

Hi BuddyDev Team,

I do not use your Premium Theme and I want keep AVADA as I am used in this theme. Since the last update of WP, Buddypress or AVADA the pages connected to buddypress are no longer visible in my Dashboard-Page-list. I cannot edit any page of Buddypress in the backend. When I started with Buddypress I created the site Community for directory and linked it in Daschboard > settings > buddypress > urls. I wrote in the title “under construction” – Now I want to delete this. It’s impossible for me to get access to edit the page. I have created a new one and changed the link in the Dashboard > settings > …urls. No difference, it still shows the old page.

AVADA last update, WP 6.4.2, BuddyPress last updated

Is this an issue of Buddypress or AVADA or WP?

Could you offer me a link to a previous version of Buddypress (Nov. 2023). So I could test, whether it was caused by the last update, then change the page and update again.

I will not change the AVADA theme, because it is a very often used theme with good support and it offers a lot of features and it is already installed.

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51338

Hi Gisela,
    The issue is due to a change in BP 12.0. Please install and activate BP Classic plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bp-classic/

That will make the pages accessible again and you can edit/delete them as you please. After that you can disable it and go back to BuddyPress 12.0.

Also, you can always download an older version of BuddyPress from the page
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress/advanced/

There is a dropdown at bottom to allow that. We do not recommend reverting back to 11.4 from 12 as there are known issues with the process.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51357

Hi Brajesh,

Thanks a lot – I could fix it.
    What about the future – When I disable BP 12.0 – will the pages disappear again or will it be fixed in BuddyPress? What is with the next updates of BuddyPress?

Best Wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51371

Hi Gisela,
    BuddyPress has moved away from pages in 12.0, so that would be a problem if you do not use BP Classic plugin.

If you keep using BP Classic, the pages should work even on 12.0+.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Gisela Zechner on #51372

Hello Brajesh,
    Great Thanks to your keen support.

Best wishes
    Gisela

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51385

You are welcome!

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Header in AVADA Theme’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved