BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Help with Bp Branded Login

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Samson Banjo on #23946

Please can i get a full tutorial om how to use this plugin; Bp Branded Login because it doesn’t seem to be working for me.

I use the Community Theme from BuddyDev and MediaPress

Thanks a lot!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24012

Hi Samson,
    My apologies for the delayed reply.

Thank you for using Community Builder and our plugins.

Here are the steps to configure BuddyPress Branded Login.

1. Please activate BP Branded Login
    2. Please visit Dashboard->settings->BuddyPress and click on “Pages” tab.
    3. Please assign pages for Login/Logout/Forget Password etc.

That’s it.
    Now, please open the login page in a new browser and incognito page and test if it is working by logging in.

PS:- If it does not work, Please let me know I will put a video tutorial tomorrow.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Master
    JohnnyNW on #26411

Oh yes, per your suggestion, I just made 3 pages (Login, Log Out, Reset Password) and it worked like F’n magick! Very cool. One question: on reset password form, it mentioned Username or Email to reset password: is there a functions.php code that would limit the reset password to ONLY Email (user can only provide Email address to reset password, and NOT Username? Thank you!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26427

Hi,
    Thank you.

For the reset form, Please copy plugin/bp-branded-login/templates/blogin/resetpass.php to your current active theme/blogin/resetpass.php

You can modify the label there and change the type from text

<input type="text" name="user_login" id="user_login" class="input" value="<?php echo esc_attr( $user_login ); ?>" size="20" />

to

<input type="email" name="user_login" id="user_login" class="input" value="<?php echo esc_attr( $user_login ); ?>" size="20" />

That should do it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: Adding the missing code
  • Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26434

Oh nice! Perfect. I do get the error above “Your Username is empty. Please enter your Username” if the email is wrong (i.e. forget the @) – but that’s OKAY, I’d rather confuse bad actors than point the way, as a real member would not be deterred if they really wanted to reset their password 😉 Thank you! PS I cheated: I just saved a back up of resetpass.php in plugin and altered the one in the plugin (that seems to work just fine).

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by JohnnyNW.
  • Participant
    JohnnyNW on #26436

Quick update: I just used a little CSS code that targeted the Reset Password Page and now it’s all cleaned up and working nicely. Thank you!

.page-id-102 p#backtoblog {
    display: none;
    }
    .page-id-102
    .buddypress div#message {
    display: none;
    }

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by JohnnyNW.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26444

Thank you.
    I am glad you solved it.

Thank you for sharing the code.

PS:- About moving the template, The benefit lies in future updates. Any change in plugin will be lost but if you keep them in the template directory as override, they will be preserved.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Help with Bp Branded Login’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved