BuddyDev

Search

Help with categories

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Ruben on #31714

Hello, I need help with a problem that I have encountered, I have my categories with father and children, when I enter to create a post they all appear as if they were a father, is there any way that could be put as they should be showing you what are the children? Or much better if it could be a selector type that shows you within their children, is that if for example you have 8 parents and those parents have together 40 children, you are suddenly showing the user 48 categories of hitting the user, a greeting and thanks.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31716

Hi Ruben,
    Is it about BuddyBlog? Are you using checkbox view? Please let me know and I will assist.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ruben on #31718

Hi Brajesh Singh,

yes exactly buddyBlog,with the check box to which it refers?I have activated in such a way that it shows me the categories, but it does not show them as it should, I have father categories with children, in publishing the post the user appears all as if they were a father, there is no structure that shows you which are the children of the father.

I show you a picture of what I mean

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sfdzvkhjiqmnupe/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202020-07-14%20a%20las%2021.51.14.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uzdixpgrae5bjfz/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202020-07-14%20a%20las%2021.52.43.png?dl=0

The last image is a sample of how the father and son should look to differentiate who their children are.

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #31721

Hello Ruben,

Thank you for sharing the details. It seems its an issue with your active theme. I have checked with default wordpress twentytwenty theme and it look like this

https://imgur.com/1aVsfup

Please temporairly switch to default theme and check

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Ruben on #31729

Hi Brajesh Singh,

Change the template to one of the ones that wordpress has by default and still appear the same, could it be because you are using custom post type? I also wanted to know if I can add or how I could add more custom fields, for example that I can upload a cover image, or if I want a field to upload a link among others, a greeting.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Ruben.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Ruben.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31733

Hi Ruben,
    I do not think it has anything to do with custom post type. It is a css issue. The list is not indented and you can use minor css to indent the list.

As for custom field type, we have a pro module upcoming for this plugin that allow creating unlimited forms/fields and lets you control the workflow.
    until that happens, you can use custom code for adding custom field. Here is an example of doing it via code

https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/custom-post-fields-in-buddyblog/#post-1637

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ruben on #31746

Hi Brajesh Singh,

I just tried and it does not work for me, the fields are shown but when you publish and see the publication no field of the new ones that have been created appears, I also see that the selector does not work, also I see that with divi the whole structure of new post and it does not look good to the user, the idea is good but I see some errors that should not be seen, for example in the text editor if the user gives you to insert a link the links of the whole web appear That should only be seen by the administrator.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31747

Hi Ruben,

1. the fields are shown but when you publish and see the publication no field of the new ones that have been created appears :-

Those are saved as post meta and the plugin does not know what they are. You need to add that in your template file.

2. I also see that the selector does not work, also I see that with divi the whole structure of new post and it does not look good to the user :-

I haven’t tested with Divi. We have tested with normal WordPress and it works great for us. For any 3rd party incompatibility, either we work on it or as a webmaster, you do it on your own.

3. The idea is good but I see some errors that should not be seen, for example in the text editor if the user gives you to insert a link the links of the whole web appear

I am sorry but it seems there is something wrong with your setup. I have no idea what you are referring to. We are using standard editor and ikt is working fine for us.

I will suggest exploring the plugin or a normal WordPress/BuddyPress installation. Also, the current custom field via code is meant for developers.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Ruben on #31749

1- And how do I save those fields? I put the code that you indicated in bp-custom, but it does not indicate that I should do anything else.

2- I think what breaks it is the Youzer plugin, I see that it breaks all your plugins.

3- By attaching a link I mean the options of the text editor, where it lets you paste a link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tnhdqulcwh2zyh/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202020-07-15%20a%20las%2015.12.09.png?dl=0

if it gives a user it shows him all the content of the web, pages, publications, etc … that should only be seen by an administrator.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1ksmj4vdi4bz2l/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202020-07-15%20a%20las%2015.12.32.png?dl=0

Regards.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #31756

Hi Ruben,
    Those fields are automatically saved as post meta for you.

1. You can use get_post_meta() to retrieve them. The “key” in the custom fields is used as meta key.

2. You may be right. We do not support Youzer due to our experience with the plugin and its support.

3. Thank you. I see it. It is not us doing anything special. It is the WordPress editor. We should still do something about it. I will be adding a filter to toggle link functionality.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved