- constantinos amiridis on October 26, 2022 at 3:16 pm #47091
need some help syncing some wp roles and groups
The main goal is for my discord users to get a role throu our homepage
The user will join a group on our homepage and i have made a type pro association with wp group to wp role
Then i have another plugin that gives gives users that have the wordpress role x the discord role x
but i think im doing something wrong, no users that joined those buddypress groups gets any roles
- Brajesh Singh on October 27, 2022 at 1:36 am #47099
Thank you for purchasing from us.
It seems you are trying to achieve the opposite of what this plugin does.
The Member Type pro allows you to Map ‘member types’ to WordPress roles and also, if you want, you can associate some the groups with member types to be automatically assigned.
What you are looking for seems to be like this:-
1. each group has an associated WordPress role
2. When a user joins a group by any means, we change the user’s role to that specific group’s associated role
Is that a correct assumption? If yes, we can help with some snippet/a tiny plugin to achieve it. I just need to know which code/plugin are you using to assign groups to user on home page. Also, what
happens if a user becomes member of 2 or more groups?
- constantinos amiridis on October 27, 2022 at 6:41 am #47103
great with snipet!!!!
You are correct, totaly wrong of me regarding the type plugin.
1. each group has an associated WordPress role – Correct
2. When a user joins a group by any means, we change the user’s role to that specific group’s associated role. the user can be in multiple roles.
The important thing is to match 1 group to one role.
We are planing to use the buddy press own plugin
- Brajesh Singh on October 27, 2022 at 11:38 am #47118
Thank you for the reply.
We will create a plugin to allow you achieve it. I or one of my team member will write back by day end tomorrow with the plugin link.
- constantinos amiridis on October 27, 2022 at 8:22 pm #47126
Please download and activate the following plugin on your site:
This plugin adds a roles dropdown under Group > Settings page. You can set group associated role here and this role will be used when the user joins this group.
- constantinos amiridis on October 28, 2022 at 3:53 pm #47137
- constantinos amiridis on October 28, 2022 at 4:10 pm #47138
ravi: does the plugin even take away the role if a user leaves the group?
- constantinos amiridis on October 28, 2022 at 4:21 pm #47139
and, how does it work, tried with some users, the joined a new group and nothing happend 🙁
i connected the groups with the roles already
Sorry for the inconvenience. The plugin adds a setting under the group’s manage screen under the settings page. Check the following screenshot:
Once you set the associated role for the group. It will be auto-assigned to the joining user on group joining. It will remove the old user role and set the group-associated role as a new role and Leaving the group plugin doesn’t do anything.
Please let me know if you need further assistance.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.