BuddyDev

Search

Help with video being too wide on oEmbed field

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    teacherpete on #40791

Hello Brajesh,

I’m using Xprofile Custom Fields to upload an introduction video to every profile. First, I uploaded the profile video to Vimeo. After that, I embedded the URL to the video in the ‘oEmbed’ Profile Field.

However, on mobile, the video stretches much wider like this. What can I do to fix this in general? I will have a video like this on every profile. https://ibb.co/QbHS0Sp

Thanks very much for your help 😊

Kind regards,
    Peter

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40801

Hi Peter,
    I am sorry for the issue.

It is related to the theme. WordPress uses $content_width from the theme to generate the oembed size
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Content_Width

Please contact the theme author and they should be able to assist you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    teacherpete on #40813

Hi Brajesh,

The theme and platform that I’m using is BuddyBoss. 😢

Are you sure that this is their problem? What should I say to them? The oEmbed from Vimeo appears perfectly on desktop, it’s just the mobile version that’s not working correctly. It will be a problem for all BuddyBoss users using the oEmbed field. What should I say to the devs at BuddyBoss? Is this something you would be able to help with?

Thanks very much for your support. 🙂
    Peter

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40820

Hi Peter,
    Please inform them of the exact issue you are facing. Let them know that the oEmbed field is not working as expected and the developer says that the size of oEmbed field is controlled via theme.

Also, link them to the link I shared above.

Please do let me know if they have any suggestions for us to implement in the plugin.

Regards
    Brajes

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved