BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Hhow to connect MediaPress to a cloud server

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #27676

Hi Brajesh, please clarify how to connect MediaPress to a cloud server like AWS, which is not clear to me, as there are no options in the plugin for choosing cloud storage. I have installed Media Cloud, but no explanation either.

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #27678

Hi again, I think I figured this out, there are no direct connection between MediaPress and AWS, media from MediaPress are first stored on my server, and then transferred to AWS.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27679

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the update.

MediaPress media is sane as WordPress attachment, so it works the same way.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #27682

Hi Brajesh, the connection to the AWS is now established and working using Media Cloud. But I have a problem with uploaded images in MediaPress

With rtMedia, activated the user added media is uploaded to the AWS, symboled by a little cloud on the uploaded image.

In MediaPress the uploaded images are not added to the Media Gallery, but only present in the galleries. Why are they not in the Media Gallery as well?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Keith on #27685

Are the images not in the Gallery or the Library? I use Media Cloud and I see the images in both.

• Participant
    calu on #27690

Hi there, the images are simply not in the media gallery, but only visible in the MediaPress galleries, either Media Cloud is activated or not.

I noticed this in the user settings, which probably has something to do with it, but there are no options to publish them, what does this mean, and which settings have I missed?

‘You have 3 fotos not published to activity’

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #27691

I activated Activity Streams to see if this was required for MediaPress to run, but same result, uploaded media are not in the library.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Keith on #27692

There is a system check option in Media Cloud that will run a test. I would suggest doing that and see what the results are. It might help you debug.

• Participant
    calu on #27694

Hi Keith, thanks for your reply.

Media Cloud connects very well to my AWS, and media from rtMedia are sent to the cloud.

The problem is with MediaPress. Images have to be first uploaded to the media gallery to be sent to the cloud.

The problem is that my uploaded images are not in the gallery.

So I hope Brajesh can answer why this is?

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #27695

Problem solved, this snippet, which I had forgotten all about, was causing it.

Thanks for your help with solving this issue

/**
     * Filter WordPress attachment args to remove MediaPress Media from the list.
     * @param array $args args.
     * @return array
     */
    function mpp_custom_filter_attachment_args( $args ) {

$args['meta_key']     = '_mpp_is_mpp_media';
    	$args['meta_compare'] = 'NOT EXISTS';

return $args;
    }

add_filter( 'ajax_query_attachments_args', 'mpp_custom_filter_attachment_args' );

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Hhow to connect MediaPress to a cloud server’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved