BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Hide categories of groups

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Artyom on #20847

Hi Brajesh! Can you help me to hide for users post editor form categories, that belong to groups. I have only 1 category per group. Thanks!

• Participant
    Artyom on #20848

I use buddyblog with simple front end post. Users are not allowed to admin panel.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20854
  • Participant
    Artyom on #20864

Hi Brajesh! I incorrectly described my problem. I want users to not be able to select a category belonging to a group on their personal blogs. The site I built as follows: there are users with categories available to all, there are groups with its own categories. And if a user creates a new post in his personal blog, he can choose any category ( including categories that belong to groups in which he is not a member, also private groups and groups hidden from him). And using this bug, a user can write to any group without being a member of it.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Artyom.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20873

Hi Artyom,
    Is there any chance that you are using older version of Blog Categories?

The current version will only list posts which were posted from group screen and are associated with current group(we store two meta keys for it).

If you have disabled post listing on the group screen and have allowed it in the normal site archive, then this can be an issue.

If you want, you can still filter by using meta key ‘_is_bcg_post’ which is present ith each blog post.

If you want to disallow users from posting to group categories:-
    The best way would have been to use different taxonomies for BuddyBlog/Blog Categories. That way, their archives would have been different.

If that is not feasible, you will need to store the reverse association. Eg. Term meta contains group id it is associated with.

That way in BuddyBlog, you can exclude terms which are associated with groups. It will need a lot extra work than the custom taxonomy solution.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #20884

Thank you for marking resolved.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] Hide categories of groups’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved