BuddyDev

Search

Hide username in comments for all but admin

• Participant
    Level: Master
    evillizard on #26571

Hi @ravisharma

Do you remember this post:
    https://buddydev.com/support/forums/topic/number-of-comment-limit-to-work-for-each-post/page/3/#post-22022

And this plugin:
    https://github.com/buddydev/comment-policy/archive/master.zip

If perharps there could be an option to make comments of users to be *ANONYMOUS*

For example if a user sends a comment *his name would be written as anonymous(or what ever i want it to be)*

But only ME(the admin would be able to see who made that comment – perhaps maybe through the wordpress dashboard backend)

And how would i select which post would have the “ANONYMOUS COMMENT” stuff and which would not??

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26587

Hi,
    You will need to use css to do it. We are unable to develop the above plugin further.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    evillizard on #26617

Boss are you sure CSS would do it??

I want to be the only one who can see the real names of users who comment on a PARTICULAR wordpress post (NOT ALL POSTS jst the ones i want to have the anonymous stuff)

i want to something(a particular seleted post, NOT ALL POSTs!)

where my users would pour out their REAL EMOTIONS about other users anonymously… But i personally want ONLY ME to know who sent what message (just for the fun of knowing..and cos im the admin)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #26627

What I suggested was the simple way to have it partially. the other ways are not simple enough and you will need to find a plugin to do that or a developer to do that.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    evillizard on #26646

Smh…you are the ONLY developer i know.

Please can you give me the CSS code ?

And With the CSS Would i still be able to target it to work on just a particular post??

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved