BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] Home Tab to Members to Logged in User Profile

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Admin smallbizsupport on #24617

Hi Brajesh,

Using your Profile Tabs pluggin; When looking at another users profile how can I make the Buddypress Home Page always go to the logged in Users profile (as oppossed to the Home Page of the user I’m looking at e.g. mysite/members/loggedinuser/

i.e. I’m logged in as Admin, I look at the Profile of User1, when I click the Home tab I want to take me to my Admin profile Home not User1 Home profile

Also can you tell me what the slug is for the Home tab? the url is (https://incahoot.org/members/admin/)

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24630

Hi,
    Thank you for using the plugin.

The plugin is not able to add different default profile tabs based on user context. It seems a good to feature to explore in future though.

For now, I can provide some code to make it work. Please let me know if it will work for you?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Admin smallbizsupport on #24648

Hi Brajesh,

If you can tell me what Slug to use then can’t I achieve my aim by adding [logged-user-profile]
    in the Tab Link field?

Or are you saying that the Member Home Page Slug is always the dynamic User Name i.e /members/user1/ /members/user2/ /members/user3/ etc?

I think it’s very confusing to the User the way that Buddypress currently works.
    i.e. If as User1 I am viewing the Profile Page of another Member, and then if I want to return to my own Home Page, when I select the Member Home Page, I expect to go back to my Home Page, but Buddypress keeps me stuck in the Profile of the other User.

Any suggestions how to remedy this is welcome

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24670

Hi,
    Thank you for sharing.

I do agree that showing the front/home does not make sense on other user’s profile.

here is the code that you can put in your bp-custom.php to make it work as you are expecting

function buddydev_set_default_component () {

if ( bp_is_my_profile() ) {

define ( 'BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT', 'front' );
    	} else {
    		define ( 'BP_DEFAULT_COMPONENT', 'profile' );
    	}

}
    add_action( 'bp_core_setup_globals', 'buddydev_set_default_component' );

This code is based on my blog post from here
    https://buddydev.com/changing-default-component-for-buddypress-user-profile-based-on-context/

Hope that helps.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Admin smallbizsupport on #24736

Thanks Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24746

You are welcome.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved