BuddyDev

Search

How can I add extra custom filed to Activity Post Form

Tagged: 

• Inactive
    Level: Enlightened
    Kikismedia on #30624

I would like to add some extra fields to post activity form, and a selector, like
    Products tile
    Products price

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30630

Hi Adeala,
    Thank you for the question.

If you are comfortable with code, you can modify buddypress/activity/post-form.php in your child theme(from your current template pack) and add the fields.

You will also need to hook server side on activity posted action ‘bp_activity_posted_update’ to save these details as activity meta.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Inactive
    Kikismedia on #30649

I’m not really confortable if you can guide me on how to create field and start I will be glad

• Inactive
    Kikismedia on #30650

And I’m using legacy and last help I need I have Dequeue my buddypress stylesheet and I notice the activity comments is not hiding after 5, how can I limit it to one 1 comment and when user click on the read more they see all the comments relating to the activity

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30652

Hi Adeala,
    1. Have you dequeued the css or do you need to dequeue it?

2. Please search the forum for comment count. We have posted the solution multiple times.

3. I am sorry but for the activity post form, I won’t be able to assist further since you are not comfortable with code. You will need some developer to do it for you. If I post more, It will only cause issue and might break your site.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Inactive
    Kikismedia on #30655

I have Dequeue it already. I will be able to do it because it’s not a live site yet I’m just learning on xamp please kindly assist me with the post form

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #30760

Hi Adeala,
    since you are learning, I will suggest exploring adding extra fields to form. Then you can use that knowledge to add the UI in BuddyPress Activity post form.

after that, you might want to take a look at how ajax works and how the post updating is handled. That should give you insight into how to send custom fields with post data.

Also, when you learn about handling WordPress ajax requests, you will be able to find out the post update handler and add custom code for saving the extra data.

All the best.

Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved