BuddyDev

Search

How can I keep all BP content navigation within Buddypress?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24334

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for the clarification.

Is this possible to duplicate a main nav tab to the sub nav, and in this case how?

I am sorry but I do not understand it clearly.

If you want to add the main tab link as a link item in sub tab, sure. You can. Please us the url field while creating sub tab and link to main tab(using our dynamic url tags).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #24340
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    calu on #24411

Hi Brajesh, I’m a bit stocked, so I hope you can guide me, as I can’t find any help in the documentation to my problem.

The documentation says: ‘Or you can create dynamic url that points to another profile tab/sub tab. This option is helpful to move a sub tab to main tab.’

But what about the other way around – how do I move a main tab to a sub tab?

Best
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #24412

I’m also experiencing that simple options like ‘Only enabled sub navs are visible.’ and ‘Is this tab visible to site admin only?’ do not apply, why is this happening?

• Participant
    calu on #24413

And does the ‘Is this tab visible to site admin only?’ over rule the ‘Tab Visibility’ settings below, where Administrator also can be selected/deselected?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24417

Hi Carsten,

Thank you for the questions.

A few clarifications fist.

1. Nav menu and url are different things. Nav menu link to certain url.

2. Since you want to move the nav menu, the urls remain same and so their accessibility/visibility remains same too. All you are doing is creating a new sub menu item and linking to the existing url/view.

This way, the visibility/availability of the url does not change. All you have changed is how the menu is organized.

Since you are not modifying the existing view, instead you are adding a new link to that view, The visibility/availability of the view is not affected.

If instead of creating a new link and applying the visibility/availability for the existing url, you modify it and apply changes in visibility/availability, you will find it working.

As far as dynamic urls are concerned, please see the tags([something]). Using the tag inside the url box will make that part dynamic(*for displayed/logged user).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #24419

Please define what you mean by Nav menu, do you mean the WordPress theme navigation menu?

• Participant
    calu on #24420
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #24421
  • Participant
    calu on #24422

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved