BuddyDev

Search

How do I connect family members to same house number?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18375

Hi

I’m building a private BuddyPress intranet for a cohousing community. Each member of the community – adults and children – has to be registered in BuddyPress, and when they fill the registration form they have to choose their house number.

In BuddyPress, I then need to view a list of all the houses, and when you click on a house number, you should get a list of the members of that specific house.

What is the best way to accomplish this?
    Should I just create a custom post type and a custom field, or are there an existing plugin for BP that connects family members in this way?

I’m aware of the BuddyCircle plugin but as I understand that plugin it is more a feature that enables each member to create custom circles of friends eg. his own family. But it is not something that gets created automatically, and if one family member creates a family circle it will not be created for the other family members as well.

It could also be something like Facebook where you can add a family member and choose relationship (and house number).

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18399

Hi Torben,
    Thank you for posting.

Please allow me to think a little more about this. I don’t think circle suits the use case.

It seems to me, Groups are more suited for the job as groups can have members and we can attach house numbers with groups easily.

The problem is if you are using groups for something else, This use case won’t work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #18403

Hi Brajesh

Thank you for taking your time to think about my issue 🙂

I am using groups a lot for that this BuddyPress site, so I don’t think that is a good way to go.

I might try to use the new-ish WooCommerce Extension “Teams for WooCommerce Memberships” (https://woocommerce.com/products/teams-woocommerce-memberships/) and connect it some way with WooCommerce BuddyPress Integration (WC4BP) from ThemeKraft.

Do you have any experience with that?

Best regards
    Torben

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved