BuddyDev

Search

how to add reach text field in a user profile

• Participant
    Level: Master
    טליה שוורץ on #46596

i dont mind to have it as a seperate simple plugin. just thought it might contribute to others

• Participant
    טליה שוורץ on #46754

hello sir, please is there an update with that?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46781

Hi,
    I am sorry, I am hesitating to work on this one.

tinymce has a wordcount plugin which can be used for our purpose. This plugin does not come wit WordPress, so we need to load it as external plugin.

The problem is the editor that you are seeing on front end is using the tiny mce editor in “teeny” mode where minimal plugins are loaded and WordPress does not offer any support for loading external plugins in this mode.

In the normal mode, WordPress does offer a simple way to load external plugins with tinymce.

In other words, the task which seems a simple one became a time taking one and I am not able to justify the time and the cost with the result.

So, I will suggest avoiding it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    טליה שוורץ on #46800

1. instead of loading another plugin, can’t you take the code from the tmce plugin that handle the word count?
    2. If section 1 can’t be done, please tell me how much would it be worth to you to work on it? it is important for the signature feature which is must have feature for us.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #46826

Hi,
    1. I am not sure what you mean by that. We are not tinymce experts and we base our views on tinymce docs as well as the WordPress code.

2. A minimum commitment of 3 hours.

Also, I do not think that you need it for signature. You can simply add the help docs that comes after the field about the limitations. I don’t see much difference by showing that they have crossed the allowed character/word count.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved