BuddyDev

Search

How to add shortcode to a Parent tab rather than subnav?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Nick on #39172

This applies to both the Profile and Groups Tab Creator plugins.

I know that I can use the text editor within the subnav menus to enter a shortcode that will display its associated content. However, I would like to have this functionality at the parent tab level because there are some instances in which I don’t want to use a subnav.

If I paste a shortcode into the Tab Link field it sends me to a nonexistent page.

Is it possible to use a shortcode in a single parent tab? If not, could it be implemented?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #39191

Hi Nick,
    Thank you for the question.

It was not possible earlier when we create this plugin. It is feasible now. I have tested and both BuddyPress and BuddyBoss support this now.

We will release an update in next couple of days to have this option.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Marco Mattia Cristofori on #50447

Has this now been released? I am looking to have the same function!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50449

Hi Marco,
    Thank you for the question.
    We have avoided it till now.

If you are using group tab and you have only one sub tab, the sub tab navigations will not be visible.
    I hope that helps.

If you are using profile tab instead, Please let me know.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Marco Mattia Cristofori on #50451

This is of great help, Brajesh – thank you!!!

I am having an issue now – whenever I use the buddyboss shortcode [group type=”competition”] in the sub nav, the whole cover image layout of the profile pages breaks. It is visible only when i have the custom tab open.

Do you know how that can be solved?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50457

Hi Marco,
    Thank you.

Any chance you are adding it in a group tab?

BuddyBoss/BuddyPress does not support nested group loops. The content inside tab can be anything except the group loop(It can be a group loop if not using the loop).

When you are putting a group shotrcode, it is creating another group loop. BuddyBoss’s top level loop is used for rendering the current group’s header/content etc. Putting the loop inside the first, breaks the markup.

I don’t see any solution with current BuddyBoss/BuddyPress for this as they have assumed that there will be only one main loop(and have used globals for template tag).

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Marco Mattia Cristofori on #50459

Hi Brajesh,

not really – im adding it in a profile new tab, I’m not editing an existing one. So is a full new tab and I’m adding the shortcode in the sub nav editor of your plug in!

https://snipboard.io/Dk7feG.jpg

https://snipboard.io/DdBypV.jpg

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50460

Hi,
    If that is the case, I believe there should be a solution. It is probably some css conflict.

Please allow us to look into it in the day and assist you.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Marco Mattia Cristofori on #50463

Hi Brajes,

that would be awesome! Please keep me posted!

Best,

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #50468

Hi Marco,
    Thank you for the patience.

I have looked into it and I se ethe issue.

the problem lies with BuddyBoss.

When you use the shortcode for group type, it generates markup that contains

<div id="buddypress" class="buddypress-wrap round-avatars bp-dir-hori-nav bp-shortcode-wrap">

That makes 2 div with id “buddypress” on the profile page. It seems some of the js in BuddyBoss assums that there is only one of the div with this id available and injects the cover image.

If I change the id inside the shortcode to say “buddypress-2” or anything else, the issue goes away.

Please report the issue with BuddyBoss and they will fix it.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved