BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to change size of avatar or make lightbox work on avatar

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #11655

Avatar standard image size is very small in BuddyPress, I am wondering why there is no option for changing this size in the BuddyPress control panel?

How do I change the size of avatars?

Is it possible to make lightbox plugins work on, not only galleries, but avatars as well?

Regards

carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11658

Hi Carsten,
    BuddyPress uses 50px for thumb and 150px for the normal by default. You can change that easily by definign a few constants.
    Please see the example here.

https://buddydev.com/buddypress/changing-default-avatar-size-croppedused-by-buddypress/

Hope that helps.
    Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #11780
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11791
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    calu on #11879

Hi Brajesh, thank you very much, I am not sure how this pastebin.com is working. I have created an account an pasted in the code, but how do I address the paste to you?

I have tried pasting in the code to both the bb-custom.php and the theme functions.php. No change to a new uploaded avatar.

When I enter the code snippet in the functions.php file, the activity information normally under the cover image, now moves on top of the cover image. My theme is Twenty Seventeen.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11883

Hi Carsten,
    When you post on the pastebin(and submit) you can copy the url of the page and share.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #11898
  • Participant
    calu on #11899

Hi Brajesh, thank you, here’s the link

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11971

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you.

You have done it correctly.

Uploading new avatar should take this size. If it does not work, please point me to the page section. Most probably the theme page/code is using fixed width while fetching avatar.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #12059

Hi there, I have uploaded a new avatar as subscriber, but the avatar remains the same size.

Which page section are you referring to?

I am using the Twenty Seventeen theme, I don’t know if this theme is using is using fixed width.’

Regards
    Carsten

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How to change size of avatar or make lightbox work on avatar’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved