BuddyDev

Search

How to change taxonomy selection

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    BP-User on #48262

Hi Brajesh,

I would like to change the taxonomy selection in the buddyblog post composition, instead of using checkboxes, i want user to type the taxonomy and if available select it, example: If user type “Real Madrid” if the taxonomy is available they select it, if not they cannot select the taxonomy. How can I achieve that? Please help me.

Fran

• Participant
    BP-User on #48266

Can someone please help me to achieve that?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48273

Hi,
    Can you please help us understand the requirements properly. I am sorry, I am unable to understand it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    BP-User on #48290

Hello Brajesh,

On the BuddyPress frontend post submission using the BuddyBlog plugin I want users to type existing taxonomies and not select them with checkboxes in this style:

Pasta ☑️
    Pizza ☑️
    Bread ☑️

I want them to do input text type, so in this style:
    Type the name of the taxonomy

Then when they type the taxonomy if for example the taxonomies “Pasta, Pizza and Bread” are available because we have already created it with the admin account in the backend they can select them, if the taxonomies written by the user during the post creation are not available they cannot use the taxonomy.

I hope that now it’s more understandable, i apologize for not being too clear.

Regards,
    Fran

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #48298

Hi Fran,
    Thank you for the explanations.

BuddyBlog does not support suggestions based on existing. There are 2 views available(checkbox/select).
    So, you will need to hire a developer and have it developed.

Regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved