BuddyDev

Search

How to contact a group I am not a member of?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #23560

Hi

How do I contact or write to a group I am not a member of?

We have a lot of groups, but now all users are members of all of them. But from time to time som of them wants to write or comment on some of the group’s activities. How is that possible?

Thanks

Torben

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #24960

Hi again. Anyone with an answer to this?

As far as I can see it’s not possible to see in a group’s member list who is administrator or moderator. Is it possible to show that information in the members tab and/or in the group description?

Thanks
    Torben

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #24990

Hello Torben,

Thank you for posting.

1. For commenting you can use the following code to allow non group member to comment on group activities.

add_filter( 'bp_activity_can_comment', function( $can ) {
    	// Add conditions to restrict user. By default all logged in users can comment on activities.

return true;
    }, 100 );

2. By default BuddyPress allowd public group member listing to all users. Are you looking for listing private group members listing tab to be visibe?.

Regards
    Ravi

• Participant
    Torben Heikel Vinther on #25135

Hi Ravi

Thank you for answering. I’m sorry, but I haven’t expressed myself clear enough I can see now.

What I want is to give non-group members access to comment on the group’s bbpress forum. Is that possible?

Regarding 2) the problem is not that the group member listnot public. It is public but the list is just one long list. I want to emphasize who is the administrator and the moderator, so that all users can contact him/her.

/Torben

• Keymaster
    Level: Yogi
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Ravi on #25151

Hello Torben,

For listing members according to their role. Please check the following template.

bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/groups/single/admin/manage-members.php

By this template you got the idea how to list members based on their membership in the group and implement this into groups/single/members template file.

For the first part: it need some custom work. Ask your developer.

Regards
    Ravi

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved