BuddyDev

Search

How to control/hide Profile user meta data

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40401

Hi La,
    Thank you for the questions.

The join date should not be visible. Are you adding it via code or is it provided by GeneratePress theme?
    We can hide it using css(if we do not know which one is adding it) or we can remove via code if the source is known.

We do not have any plugin for styling the header. You may want to take a look at

https://wordpress.org/plugins/stax-buddy-builder/

This does provide the ability if you are using Elementor page builder.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    la on #40408

Thanks again Brajesh. I appreciate your responsiveness.

I’m definitely not adding it.
    I want to hide the Joined date and the username over the cover photo. It seems making it display the Company Name over the cover photo is apparently a big deal so for a Company I’d rather it just not show anything. But then it will hide it for everyone which is preferable to it looking like this.

I don’t want it to look like company-name for the Company name over the cover photo. Do you have any ideas how to make a custom field being company_name be the display name? I’ve spent weeks and hit a dead end. There is a plug in which does it from memberfix but then when you go to edit a profile either as admin or the user it gives you an error that formatting for the username must be lower-lower and won’t let you save it.

I don’t use Elementor. I used to in other sites but it was too bulky and hard to get it out of it. I use Generate Press for everything now.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40411

Hi La,
    Thank you for the replies.

Please link me to a profile page and I can assist with the css. I haven’t used GeneratePress recently( I assume you are using their pro version for BuddyBoss support?), so not sure f the theme adds it or not.

Please feel free to use the private reply option below to share the link if you do not want the link to be public.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    la on #40416
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    la on #40418
  • Participant
    la on #40453
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40455
  • Participant
    la on #40460

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved