BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to Create a Custom Page for Groups?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Chelle Stein on #1607

I saw a similar post here to this, but didn’t want to hijack the thread…

Here is what I would like to do:

Create an individual page for each group, and then display the page in the group tabs. It can be done either as a link to the page or the page can appear directly within the group – whatever would be easier to code I suppose 🙂

I tried a number of plugins here {BP Default Group Page and Blog Categories for Groups} – but for some reason after I install and activate the plugins I don’t see any settings under the Admin Dashboard -> Settings Tab {or anywhere else for that matter!}

If you could suggest a way to do this I would love to hear any suggestions you may have – also I’m not sure why the plugin settings are not showing in my dashboard – the only things that have changed the past few days are:

1. Updated to the New Buddypress
    2. Installed EXIF on my server so users could rotate their photos when uploading from tablets/phones.

Thanks for any ideas or feedback!

Chelle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1608

Hi Chelle,
    Thank you for opening the topic.

1. Both the approaches are easy. Which will you prefer? If you prefer for the link, that will allow you flexibility in designing the page content. Which ever approach you prefer, please do let me know and I have a plugin half backed in other thread, so will update that and add this functionality.

Your server setup is fine and those have no effects on the plugin. Both these plugin does not have any settings in dashboard. These have front end settings( available on individual group). That’s why it was not visible.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chelle Stein on #1609

Thanks for the quick reply! I still see if I can find the front end settings.

I think the link is better as you said it will provide for more page customization.

Thanks so much for the help!

Chelle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1611

Thank you Chelle.

I will have it ready by tomorrow. One more Question, should we allow linking from normal posts/pages or a custom post type specific for this purpose?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chelle Stein on #1612

That sounds awesome! You are truly amazing!

For now, I am going to create a normal page and then set it up to display my posts by category. I thought about custom post types, but that might get a little too complicated for me!

Thanks again for the help!

Chelle

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1640

Thank you. Will post an update tomorrow.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chelle Stein on #1809

Any update on this yet? No rush, just curious 🙂

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1815

Hi Chelle,
    I am sorry I could not post earlier. Will be posting the plugin tomorrow Indian time.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #1831

Hi Chelle,
    Just updating. I will be pushing the plugin today( a little bit late) and will message back here.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Chelle Stein on #1833

Sounds good! Thank you 🙂

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How to Create a Custom Page for Groups?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved