BuddyDev

Search

How to force users to upload at least one photo in the mediapress gallery?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    MargaritaS on #16624

I need that mediapress force users to upload at least one photo in the mediapress gallery, and while this has not been approved (because I have the option to approve or deny photos that you have already added to the plugin) that the user can not participate in the web.

Best regards

• Participant
    MargaritaS on #16625

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16629

Hi Margarita,
    This is not a very efficient operation in current version of MediaPress. The counting of media items for a user is costly database operation(We plan to change it in 1.5).

Also, Even if I provided a way to do this, It will conflict with the force profile photo plugin that you are using.

If not very important, let us hold it till MediaPress 1.5 is available and I push another update to Force profile photo to avoid conflict with other plugin’s redirection.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    MargaritaS on #16713

Hi Brajesh, thank you for your answer.

when will be ready the updated MediaPress 1.5 and the updated of Force profile photo?

Best regards

Margarita

• Participant
    MargaritaS on #17661

Do you mean that in version 1.5, it can do the next thing?:

“mediapress force users to upload at least one photo in the mediapress gallery, and while this has not been approved (because I have the option to approve or deny photos that you have already added to the plugin) that the user can not participate in the web.”

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #17665

Hi Margrita,

1.We won’t be adding any functionality to restrict user’s interaction on site. It is beyond the scope of MediaPress.

But, with 1.5, It will be few lines of code that I will share with you if you needed to restrict the user.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    MargaritaS on #17672

Thank you very much Brajesh, then I wait for this code then.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved