- Naomi Bollinger on November 16, 2017 at 11:36 am #11714
This is an addition to my original question which was, is there a way to hide or disable the “view” link in the user profile, also I want to hide or disable user recent activity from Members Directory,
I have 2 requests:
1. How to hide or disable user recent activity from Members Directory
2. How to hide or disable the “view” link in the user profile, that sometime throw a 404 error and sometimes it just open up an blank page, it’s buggy.
To reproduce the problem you can click on the members-> click on the members name link-> this will take you to that members profile.
Also @username will also be a potential problem, is there any way I can remove this from the user profile?
From the previous topic:
The latest update (the functionality is a bit buggy because when I click on it opens up an empty page and sometimes it opens up the activity page with that one post, and it doesn’t make any sense )…
I have not pushed my website live yet, it’s still in staging and I am at the last phase of testing.
This is a link to my staging site to explain the problem with the “view link”…
I went ahead and set up you a temporary subscriber account where you can access the site.
- Brajesh Singh on November 16, 2017 at 11:03 pm #11743
There are multiple ways to do it.
1. We can either use css or modify the members loop. CSS is easy but will only hide it not remove it.
To completely modify the loop, please copy ‘buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/members/members-loop.php to yourtheme/buddypress/members/members-loop.php and then we can modify it.
You can remove the following line to remove user’s latest update
<?php if ( bp_get_member_latest_update() ) : ?> <span class="update"> <?php bp_member_latest_update(); ?></span> <?php endif; ?>
and to remove the last active time, you may remove these lines
<span class="activity" data-livestamp="<?php bp_core_iso8601_date( bp_get_member_last_active( array( 'relative' => false ) ) ); ?>"><?php bp_member_last_active(); ?></span>
2. Let us tackle it in the first thread.
3. For removing the @ name I wil suggest css as the simplest way.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.