BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to log out without confirmation 'Do you really want to log out?

• Participant
    Level: Yogi
    calu on #18416

Hi there, I really would like to get rid of the log out confirmation ‘Do you really want to log out? which sometimes pop up.
    I guess it is a WP thing, and I have read topics with code you can copy to get rid of the confirmation. But I do not want all sorts of code snippets added to my files, is there a better way to avoid this message, I was thinking this as part of BuddyDev Logout Redirect?

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18417

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for posting.

I do not think it to be related to BuddyDev Logout Redirect. It happens due to expired logout nonce.

It may happen in 2 cases.

1. Nonce expiration due to inactivity. Say you have been inactive for a long time and the nonce somehow got expired for the logout link(it’s rare) and then you tried to click the link.

2. Expiration due to logout/login. You logged out in another tab of same browser and tried to log out again or your logged out/logged in again and then used the link from another tab which was from earlier session.

If it is a regular issue, Please try disabling Logout redirect and see if that works.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #18418

Hi Brajesh, oh, I have to make my self clear then, the issue is not related to Logout Redirect at all.
    My point was to find a way to get rid of the message, maybe encourage to build in this option in e.g. Logout Redirect, as it’s an annoyance for many site owners.

I mean it is not a big deal to be logged out, as a user, so this message is redundant, it is one of those annoyances, having to answer all sorts of questions, do you want to do this or that, before you can logout.

Regards
    Carsten

• Participant
    calu on #18422

Besides that, the “Do you really want to log out?” is not styled or centered at all, and looks terrible, nobody has apperantly been thinking of styling this pop up message.

It might be a small thing, but it is one of those things you do not want your users to relate to, technicalities.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18423

Hi Carsten,
    Thank you for clarifying. I am sorry I read that incorrectly.

Can you please share me a screenshot ? It might come from a plugin too. Just need to confirm that we are on the same page.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    calu on #18424

Thanks, I mean having read somewhere that it’s a WooCommerce thing, maybe because you are logging out of your account there,as well.
    I will inspect the element, and send you a screenshot, next time it occurs.

Regards
    Carsten

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18425

Hi Carsten,
    The message is added by WooCommerce as well as some other plugins like User Registration and a few more.

Let me know when you see them.

regards
    Brajesh

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #27273

Marking resolved due to inactivity.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How to log out without confirmation 'Do you really want to log out?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved