BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to overload buddypress template files properly?

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Plutus on #27991

Each time i try to overload a template file, after moving it to the buddypress folder in my theme, the whole website design just get broken like there was some error with css or something. please help

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28001

Hi Plutus,
    Thank you for the question.

In order to override, you need to know a few things.

1. Are you using a child theme? If yes, you will need to look for the relevant file in the parent theme first

2. Which template pack are you using? If the parent theme does not contain the template and you want to override it, you will need to look into wp-content/plugins.buddypress/bp-templates/{template pac, bp-nouveau or bp-legacy which ever is active} /buddypress/file-path and copy to yourtheme/buddypress/file-path.

That will work.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Plutus on #28012

Thank you for the reply, but i get the same error when i copy to parent theme too, here are screenshots to explain better

This is what my activity page looks like normally: https://imgur.com/a/wBdc9EW

This is what it looked like after i copied wp-content/plugins/buddypress/bp-templates/bp-legacy/buddypress/ to mytheme/buddypress/: https://imgur.com/a/tvVbiaJ

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28024

Hi Plutus,
    That is the correct way to override.

If it is not working, Please contact the theme author and seek their advice. They may be able to help better.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Plutus on #28034

Thank you for your time sir

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #28039

You are welcome.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How to overload buddypress template files properly?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved