BuddyDev

Search

How to regenerate mediapress thumbnails

• Participant
    eduard on #14370

Hi there,

Is there any way to regenerate thumbnails created with the “mpp_register_media_size” function? WordPress thumb plugins (like regenerate-thumbnails) can’t find these image sizes..

Thanks

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14378

Hi Eduard,
    Welcome to BuddyDev.

At the moment, There is no plugin to resize it. All resize plugin use get_intermediate_image_sizes() which we do not add as WordPress will create unnecessary media files for each upload.

Allow us to explore the existing regeneration plugins for next 2 days and we can have a fork with MediaPress support available .

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Christian W Zagarskas on #16384

I would love to see this as well.
    I was thinking about hacking this up to work with mediapress…
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/

The functions are pretty clear, I suspect I could tie them into mpp_actions…

thoughts?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #16389

Hi Christian,
    Thank you.
    Yes, that seems to be the best option.

I have looked at the plugin and it seems we will need to re-implement(specially the RegenerateThumbnails_Regenerator::regenerate() )

We do not add our sizes to WordPress’s intermediate image size. This is to avoid generating unnecessary images on each attachment update(WordPress creates all sizes for the upload). But that makes this plugin inadequate for our purpose.

The best solution I see is to fork the plugin(it has a smaller code base) and only use part of the plugin for regenerating MediaPress images.

If you plan to work on it please do let me know otherwise I will ask on e of my team members to do it in future.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved