BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to remove “send friend requests

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    James on #52628

In the member settings under “privacy settings.” There’s a setting to “allow members to send friend requests”. Is it possible to delete this setting so that it isn’t even on there as an option to update from the user settings?

I contacted BuddyBoss support and they said this, “It looks like you are using the Profile Visibility Option from the BuddyPress Profile Visibility Manager integration. Kindly note that this integration is developed and maintained by BuddyDev. It is the responsibility of this developer to keep the integration updated to ensure it continues to work as intended and address major security concerns. We recommend reaching out to the plugin author https://buddydev.com/support/forums/ for assistance”

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52629

Hi James,
    Thank you for reaching out.

Are you using our plugin? I don’t see any plugin attached with your account. Please confirm and we will look into it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    James on #52630

well I am using the BuddyBoss theme and they were the ones who said that feature was maintained by BuddyDev. I don’t think I am using a BuddyDev plugin. I was under the impression that it was just a BuddyBoss theme until they mentioned BuddyDev so I am not entirely sure how this is working together.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52667

Hi James,
    Thank you for the reply.

If you are not using any of our plugins, It can not be caused by our plugin then.

Please inform BuddyBoss support that you are not using any of our plugins and they will assist you further.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    James on #52674

or maybe I do. Is this plugin made by you guys, “bp-profile-visibility-pmpro-addon”?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52675

Hi James,
    This is the plugin.
    https://buddydev.com/plugins/bp-profile-visibility-manager/

Can you please check and let me know if you are using this?

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    James on #52676

Yes it is using that plugin. Let me try to break down this question down a little better.

The path for where I am trying to edit this is at /members/${member-name}/settings/account-admin-visibility-mode/

That is under Account Settings -> Profile Visibility.

Under that tab there is an option that says:
    Allow members to send me friend request? (radio buttons)
    Yes
    No

What I am trying to figure out is, is there a way to remove the question, “Allow members to send me friend request?” from that page entirely so that the question isn’t even there at all?

• Participant
    James on #52677

I found the option to turn that off in the settings.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #52678

Hi James,
    Yes, that page is added by Profile Visibility Manager plugin.
    You have already disabled, so that’s good. Anyone else looking for similar solution, It can be disabled from dashboard->Settings->BP Profile Visibility Manager -> “General Settings” and looking for “Enable Friendship Request preference?”

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    James on #52679

Thank you for the support.

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How to remove “send friend requests’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved