BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to remove the "View" link in the user profile?

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Naomi Bollinger on #11690

I am new to the forums and BuddyPress, and I have a question. I have read and researched how to disable certain tabs like “Activity” , “Favorites” and Mentions, on the user profile, however doing so caused the “view” and latest update near the profile cover to move out of position.

Is there a way to hide or disable the “view” link and the latest update (the functionality is a bit buggy because when I click on it opens up an empty page and sometimes it opens up the activity page with that one post, and it doesn’t make any sense )…

I have not pushed my website live yet, it’s still in staging and I am at the last phase of testing.

This is a link to my staging site to explain the problem with the “view link”…

https://www.thetalkbuzz.com/newsite/members/nanab/

Thank you,

Naomi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11695

Hi Naomi,
    Welcome to BuddyDev forums.

Your site is private and needs registration before viewing, so I was not able to check it.

If you can provide a temporary account to check, I will be glad to assist.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Naomi Bollinger on #11706

Hi Brajesh,

Thank you so much for getting back to me. I am actually a programmer myself (vb.net and sql),and had to retire due to car accident that left me partially paralyzed.

I am getting my feet wet in web development and PHP, my website is kinda buggy.

Again, I really appreciate your help in this matter.

I was looking at some of your buddypress themes, and they look very professional, once I push my website live and get a steady user base, I will probably need your assistance with the upgrade theme.

I went ahead and set up you a temporary subscriber account where you can access the site.

Thanks,

Naomi

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Naomi Bollinger.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Naomi Bollinger.
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Brajesh Singh. Reason: username/password removed for the site
  • Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11737

Hi Naomi,
    Thank you.
    It’s god to know. Welcome to the world of Web development 🙂

I checked and the userlogin/password did not work for me. Can you please post that again. Also, Please use private reply for posting the username/password.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Naomi Bollinger on #11752
    This reply has been marked as private.
  • Participant
    Naomi Bollinger on #11758

Hi Brajesh,

I finally figured out how to remove the view link.

I will just say I had to remove a lot of code from the “cover-image-header.php” file, through trial and error, without breaking my site.

So you can close this topic as resolved.

Thank you for all your help.

Naomi

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #11769

hi Naomi,
    I am glad you found the solution. I was also going to suggest the same(like in other thread about member-loop). Please make sure to copy the template to your current theme/child theme top avoid any overriding in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] How to remove the "View" link in the user profile?’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved