BuddyDev

Search

how to set the Activity feed to ascending?

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Peter Fae on #14056

btw – thank you again. I realize it’s minor code stuff for You (as I perceive it), yet massively important for me.

Basically, I’m wanting to have a specific feed for Author’s updates that *could* be in a certain category or specific function, which showcases their journeys. If I understand buddypress correctly, it must time date all the entries. So there must be a way to showcase entries in a particular category or group and also in a particular order. What we’re doing here is setting the template for that, so I can work deeper into it with my Authors as we go for a deeper BP customization as time goes on.

This is SUPER-helpful.

If you would be so gracious, how do You feel I could solve the challenge of having some kind of feed which shows only activity updates from a user, which relate to their Story, and showcases their normal non-bp or non-specific updates on the regular activity feed?

Does that make sense? I am wanting to have a Story-feed, essentially, of updates. What we’re going for is a way to showcase a particular feed on the Author’s main profile site. As a Buddydev yogi 🙂 , do you feel this would be best done with a general ‘ascending’ feed (in which I’d have to delete old posts from 2 years ago, etc.), or a specific category of posts that could be linked to the profile feed (remember we want individual Authors to have their own feed/category), and to put the non-update posts on the main activity feed.

Suggestions?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by Peter Fae.
  • Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Peter Fae on #14058

relative to this, is there a way to delete the buddypress database from before 2018 ?

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #14084

Hi Peter,
    Here is the updated code to show the updates by default on user profiles.

/**
     * List activities in ascending order.
     * @param array $args activity args.
     * @return array
     */
    function buddydev_list_activities_ascending( $args ) {
    	if ( bp_is_user_activity() ) {
    		$args['sort'] = 'ASC';

if ( empty( $args['action'] ) ) {
    			$args['action'] = 'activity_update';
    		}
    	}

return $args;
    }
    add_filter( 'bp_after_has_activities_parse_args', 'buddydev_list_activities_ascending' );

Best regards
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved