BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] How to translate Custom User Profile Tabs label and content using WPML

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Caleb Weeks on #51005

Hi BuddyDev team!

Thank you so much for making the “BuddyPress User Profile Tabs Creator Pro” plugin, and congratulations on all you have going with BuddyDev in general! I am just discovering you all but have been amazed at how much you’ve given/contributed to the WordPress/BuddyPress community already – it’s pretty amazing. The fact that you had a solution for creating custom profile tabs allowed me to proceed with a project we are working on, so thank you so much!

I made you all a quick screen recording to demonstrate the challenge I am facing: https://share.zight.com/9ZuL7D6l

Would you be able to watch that and let me know if there is indeed a way to translate the Profile Tab “label” and subnav Label/Content using WPML? I haven’t been able to figure out where that is!

Thank you so much for any reply as able and I’ll look forward to hopefully figuring this out here this week.

Thank you!

P.S. This is a LearnDash website with all plugins/WordPress up-to-date as of 2023-12-06. Thanks!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51008

Hi Caleb,
    Welcome to BuddyDev support forums.

Thank you for the kind words.

We are using CMB2 internally to create the form but WPML does not support it.
    https://wpml.org/plugin-functionality/custom-fields/

If you only need 1 extra language(e.g Spanish), we can look into another way to make that feasible.
    Can you please tell me how many other languages you will need?

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Caleb Weeks on #51019

Thank you, Brajesh, for your quick reply!

Yes, at the moment I just need one language (Spanish). I was thinking, based on the plugin description, that the Custom Tabs were WPML compatible (they are indicated that way on the product page) but I must have misunderstood, alas! Are they compatible with WPML in some other way by chance?

Either way, do you think a solution would be possible? Is it worth exploring a longer term solution with WPML? Would using the new Options Pages in Advanced Custom Fields make this sort of thing easier for you and by default do-able out of the box (compare to CMB2)?

Thank you, again, so much for writing back so quickly! I know you likely have a lot of other users to support so I appreciate whatever time you may have for me/us on this particular issue.

Thank you, Brajesh!

• Participant
    Caleb Weeks on #51020

I just checked the product page again and see that I made a mistake in reading it! The FAQ does not indicate it is WPML compatible but only that it is translatable – this was my mistake!

I so appreciate you even considering exploring what might be possible in our case, Brajesh. If it really would be possible, I would be open of course to attempting to figure something out. Happy to get creative if you’ve had anything work out in the past.

Thank you, again, so much for your support! 😊

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51028

Hi Caleb,
    Thank you.

I appreciate you clarifying. We are only advertising “localization” which is very different from multi lingual and we do not advertise localization of tabs, It is about plugin interface.

At the moment, it is not feasible to switch our internal library from CMB2 to ACF but we will consider that in future.

For the time being, Please allow me till day end Tuesday to work on a solution for your use case.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Caleb Weeks on #51038

Hello again, Brajesh, 🙂

This is very kind of you to be willing to even try to figure out a way for me/us to be able to translate the tabs – that means a lot!

If there is a way/chance, I would be so grateful. I know there might not be, but if you are able to figure it out, that would be amazing.

My thanks ahead of time and again for even being willing to try here where I just misunderstood altogether. I realize there is no obligation for you to try, so I just want to thank you, again!

Thank you so much!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51050

Hi Caleb,
    No issues. It would be great if we could assist you with it.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Caleb Weeks on #51134

Hello, again, Brajesh!

Thanks for taking the time I am sure you did to look into this this week! I also know it is the end of the week for you likely by the time you see this, so I understand if I have to wait till next week, or if this will not be possible after all.

All that to say, were you able to figure out if there might be any hope for us by chance to translate the BuddyDev Custom tabs and content in the fields inside?

As I know you know, I have already appreciated your help with this even being willing to try. That meant a lot.

Thanks for any reply as able!

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #51135

Hi Caleb,
    I am sorry for the delay.
    I have looked into it and changing label is feasible. I am not sure how to associate the label with a language code properly to avoid future issues.

Please allow me around 2-3 more days and I will have the snippet available to you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Caleb Weeks on #51138

My thanks, again, Brajesh! I know you are managing a lot, so thank you for being willing to give this a try!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: resolved