- Tina Walker on May 10, 2016 at 6:09 pm #3807
I have buddypress installed and the basics set up. This is what I am not sure of:
The site is going to have two main private groups.
1. Men who can communicate with other men in this group with their own blog
2. Women who can communicate with other women in this group with their own blog
3. Under these two main categories, we will then be able to set up other groups associated with these two MAIN groups.
1. How do I go about setting this up? Do I need a login for men and a login for women that is associated with let’s say Men’s Primary Group and Female’s Primary Group.
2. When they sign up I want them to have to sign up for one of these specifically, is there a way to have the one register – and add something that would make them become part of the Man’s Primary or the Female’s Primary?
Thanks for your help in advance!
- Brajesh Singh on May 11, 2016 at 5:22 pm #3823
Welcome to BuddyDev.
1. Member type is best fit here. Create two member types(male/female) using BuddyPress member type.
2. Use BuddyPress Membertype field at the signup to assign users to these groups.
I hope that helps.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.