BuddyDev

Search

I have question about one thing, which might be important.

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    tangpage on #18207

I haven’t tried it yet, my thought is:

So I have member types(A,B,C, D, E) profile field set as required on registration, and I also have another profile field set as required for registration too, but this profile field also only set available to member types(A,B,C) …

under these conditions what will happen, any conflicting when register?

But i really hope this will work. cuz i want to force user to finish a field after choosing certain member types.

thanks. ; ) just an idea.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18210

Hi Kino,
    Thank you for posting.

If you want to hide fields on registration page based on member type, my suggestion will be to use conditional profile field as the normal BuddyPress workflow does not allow it.

You can set condition based on member type field(try using select dropdown member type field if you plan to go with this strategy).

A better way is to move fields which are required but should be available based on member type out of the registration form. That is supported by BuddyPress out of the box.

The problem with this approach is users may skip fields after registration. In past, we have shared code for it and I am planning to release a plugin that you can use to ask users to complete the required profile fields before being able to use the site.

If you want to go with 2nd strategy, I can prioritise the release of this addon.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    tangpage on #18230

thank you Brajesh,

I was just wondering that kinda situation . : ) yeah, the 2nd strategy kinda interesting. ; )

and thank you taking this serious. ; ) i love to share minds. ; )

best regards,

Kino.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #18239

No problem. We will be able to release the plugin early next week.

Thank you
    Brajesh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved