BuddyDev

Search

[Resolved] I want to hide WordPress gallery while uploading featured image

Tagged: 

• Participant
    Level: Initiated
    Sachin K on #40071

I use buddyblog pro for frontend posting and I don’t want my user to see my WordPress media. While uploading featured image, I want my user to upload featured image directly from their phone/computer, instead of going to WordPress media gallery then upload phone/computer.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40072

Hi Sachin,
    Thank you for the question.

1. BuddyBlog does not expose other user’s media to the logged user. The user’s will see only their own uploaded media. If it is showing other’s media, it is a conflict or you are logged as admin user.

Also, The default BuddyBlog comes with the option to disable editor or media uploader. You can disable the WordPress uploader from your admin forms page. We do not provide any other option for upload in the default plugin, do you will need to implement your own.

Another option is to use MediumEditor plugin for BuddyBlog Pro and use Mediumeditor instead of tinymce editor. In that case, we do not use the WordPress uploader and there is a file chooser which uses current device’s default file chooser.

Please share your (or your client’s order id ) and I will share a copy of the Medium editor plugin with you.

Thank you
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sachin K on #40088

Hi Brajesh,
    Thanks for your reply.

The Post Content Editor works fine. Actually, the above query is only a Featured Image Uploader. While users uploading Featured Images for their posts they see WordPress media uploader And don’t want to use WordPress media uploader there.

Like Post Content Editor has an option called ADD MEDIA when I click on this, it will directly go to the computer media section. I want the same thing for the featured image while uploading.

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40098

Hi Sachin,
    Thank you for the reply.

The Post Content editors’ “Add Media” button and the featured image selector button uses same media uploader. They are the default WordPress media uploader. I am not sure why one is triggering the system file chooser and other is not.

The current featured image implementation is bound with this uploader. We are adding the ability to use non wp media editor in our future development goals. For now, I am sorry, there is not much we can do about it.

You may consider creating a custom field with your own implementation for featured image. It is simple to create custom fields for BuddyBlog, the verbose part will be handling the upload/deletion of the image.

Regards
    Brajesh

• Participant
    Sachin K on #40105

Hi Brajesh,
    Thank you for your reply.

Right now we manage things as per your suggestion. But please consider this feature (non-wp media editor) in the next release because I see many clients don’t want to use the default WordPress media uploader.

Once again thanks for your support…

• Keymaster
    (BuddyDev Team)
    Brajesh Singh on #40113

Hi Sachin,
    Thank you. Sure, we will be working on it in future.

Regards
    Brajesh

The topic ‘ [Resolved] I want to hide WordPress gallery while uploading featured image’ is closed to new replies.

This topic is: resolved