BuddyDev

Search

Idea for plugin: Set activity postings default privacy level

Tagged: ,

• Participant
    Level: Enlightened
    Bjoern on #4219

Hi Brajesh,

I am looking for an easy way to set the default activity posting privacy level to “My friends”. I was given a one line java snippet by me theme developer Buddyboss for their wall and media postings component, which simply presets the default to friends in the selector. This works great for manual postings on the wall where the user intentionally goes to his or someone else wall and writes something. He sees the privacy selector and friends instead of everyone is preselected as default. The user of course may change this. The problem is however that all automatically created activity posts by buddy press or third party plugins still post to everyone. The user is only able to manually change this afterwards by going to his published post. They told me that this depends on each plugin individually and that they can’t do anything about it. My question is whether there is a way to force all buddy press and third party plugins activity auto posts to respect a certain privacy level “friends” instead of “everyone”. Maybe that’s a good idea for a new plugin, which simply forces all activity postings to a preset default privacy. Ideally the user would be able to preset his preferred level. I am not quite sure whether this could work for different themes?

Thanks so much,
    Bjorn

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

This topic is: not resolved